A Tick Off The List





If you have read my blog post titled "The Summer To Do List" then you would know that among that list was to "Bake Something", it didn't have to be anything specific, anything would do, but it had to be done. Despite repeatedly setting it as a goal of mine every summer it is never accomplished so I decided to get it done as soon as possible.

Now I'm no skilled baker, to be quite honest with you I'm not known in the kitchen for my cooking abilities but more the lack thereof. So I stuck to a recipe handed to me by my old Food technology teacher, Mrs A and I did my absolute best and that's what counts, what also counts is that no-one got food poisoning- this in itself is what I like to call an achievement, so well done to you, if you don't cause food poisoning *applause*.

I decided to bake cupcakes, easy to eat and more likely to burn than under cook. These are the ingredients and instructions that Mrs A gave me with the way I did them and pictures. *Warning* I may not have done it exactly how it was meant to be done, so by all means don't follow this recipe especially if in any way I've told you how to do it, because like I said preparing and cooking food is not my forte.

Ingredients:
75 g of Caster Sugar
75 g of Self- Raising Flour
75 g of Butter or Margarine
1 Large Egg

Makes 8 cupcakes

1.) Add the sugar to a mixing bowl

 2.) Add the margarine to the sugar in the mixing bowl

 3.) Cream the two together with an electric whisk - I didn't have one, so I kept creaming until I thought it looked right.
4.) Break the egg into a separate bowl and beat and gradually add the egg to the mixing bowl, beating between each addition.
 5.) Sieve the flour into the mixture and fold it in.
6.) Separate your cases and split the cake mixture equally between the cases.


7.) Put the cases in a pre-heated oven at gas mark 4 and leave to cook for 20 minutes or until golden, well risen and firm to the touch.
8.) Enjoy your cupcakes!

Granted mine turned out a little burnt at the bottom, the flour wasn't sieved and I didn't have the correct tin for cupcakes but overall they tasted delicious! And I wasn't the only one who thought so! So I can now tick baking off my to-do list, let me know if you have ticked anything off your summer to do list. Are you much of a baker? Do you like the look of my cupcakes? Have you ever given any one food poisoning? If anyone decides to do any baking this summer let me know tweet me a picture through twitter or instagram the links to which are below and add the #SummerBaker.

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/throughmyshoes

Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/throughmyblueshoes/

Follow me on Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12758013

Follow me on Google +: +Through My Blue Shoes

Until the next time,

Goodbye.

Comments

Popular Posts